Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loose Screws

ZackJones

Not a bad screw up as they go but today I had the screws on my blade-tech holster come loose. So loose that the backer for one completely fell off and was lost. Fortunately I noticed it and re-tightened them. As soon as I got home I found another backer and put some lock tight on all of the screws. Hopefully all of your screws are tight.

I fought this issue with holsters and S&W 625s. I finally used blue loc-tite on everything. On my 625s I would draw a line on the frame that extended from the slot of the screws on the cover. I could visually verify that the screws were tight. I even had the cylinder fall out during Area 4 this year. My wife might tell you that I have other screws loose as well.

Not a bad screw up as they go but today I had the screws on my blade-tech holster come loose. So loose that the backer for one completely fell off and was lost. Fortunately I noticed it and re-tightened them. As soon as I got home I found another backer and put some lock tight on all of the screws. Hopefully all of your screws are tight.

Coincidence?

Finished a 5 stage match sunday, put my gun away and as i took my belt off i saw a screw fall to the ground. Hmmmm....that's odd. Where'd that come from? CRAP. Good luck finding the backer for that in the gravel. Showed my bud who was going to give me an extra he had.

Fast forward 20 or 30 minutes and at stage breakdown, somebody had found it (probably while picking up brass) downrange about 20 yds and laid it on the wire spool down there. What are the odds of finding that? Talk about a needle in a hay stack.

Compare that to the times i can't find that 6th mag for 15 minutes when it is sitting there right in front of me the whole time. I swear that mag will warp to another dimension for a while just to mess with me before re-appearing.

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Drew my gun this weekend to find that I had a missing grip. Screw backed out and totally fell out even with the Blue Loctite. Lucky I keep a few spares in. Debating about going to red or just tightening it before ever match. Only thing I can think is it got solvent in there or something and it started to work loose. Has been about 2K rounds since I fixed it last.