Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot Timers

Dkrad1935

I have been using an Iphone app for a shot timer. It works OK but I noticed as I have started to shoot faster it doesnt keep up with splits under about .3 or so. So am considering a shot timer for christmas.

Any suggestions from folks that have used multiple shot timers? It would be cool if there was a way to download data for record keeping and analyzing performace. Also is there a way to run one during a match so you can break your draw and reloads out to see how you do under pressure? Could you get it to start on the SO's buzzer?

The new shotmaxx from Double Alpha may be able to slave to a stage start signal by the New Year. They told me they are working on it and when it is finished older models can update their software. I've used the CED7000 and the Competition Pocket Pro 2 with great reliability and ease of use.

For after-the-fact analysis, would the Max Michel Shot Coach iPhone app maybe work? Looks like you'd have a buddy take a video of you on your stage, and then in the app you mark your shots to get your splits/transition times?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shot-coach-video-analysis/id605565597?mt=8

Since you can import video into it, I wonder also if you were wearing an action cam, that would also get the sound prompts for you to mark the timer start and your shots to do the analysis, you'd just have to get the video from your action cam, to the iPhone.

I haven't tried any of this yet, this app was just recommended to me, so just throwing it out as a suggestion from your question.