Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta firing pin removal

stingerjg

I have a Beretta elite II that needs a new firing pin. but i dont know how to get the old one out. i have removed the right side of the safety/decocker lever and the firing pin block. I cant seem to figure out how to get the safety lever out of the slide.

thanks in advance.

Changing the F pin on an EII is a major. Because of the spring loaded decocker rather than the regular snap latching safety, it makes a difficult job into a nightmare. Even if I could tell you how to do it, it still takes about 3 or 4 hands, and best done working inside of a plastic bag to keep springs and detent pins from flying into small hidden spaces in your work area never to be seen again.

My best advice, if you need a new F pin you could probably use a whole top end kit, so just throw it in a box and send it off to Ernest Langdon @ LTT. You'll probably get it back in less than a week and saved a lot of aggrevation. I've had a G slide sitting on my counter top for over a month now, I won't touch it myself.

I have a Beretta elite II that needs a new firing pin. but i dont know how to get the old one out. i have removed the right side of the safety/decocker lever and the firing pin block. I cant seem to figure out how to get the safety lever out of the slide.

thanks in advance.

Yeah, I know how. It's smarter just to buy a new gun. I like my Beretta but they definitely went nuts designing all those safeties into the slide.

The Beretta Forum has some real experts,

thanks in advance.

Obviously, you take the right side lever off which you've done.

First, take the firing pin block out by removing the roll pin that goes through the slide. (Ok, you've done that). Next, put the slide on a flat surface. Cup your hand over the top back of the slide and use your thumb and first finger to hold a punch over the Firing Pin Plunger (the part the hammer strikes). Pull out from the left and rotate up. A spring will shoot out from first the right side (really hard on a G model) and then the left. If you've cupped the back of the slide really well, your hand should have blocked the springs and pins from flying across the room. Once this part is out, you remove the extractor by punching out the pin from the bottom of the slide up. (It won't come out by banging downward). Hold the extractor in place while doing this. Next remove the extractor and the firing pin will come out.

The cupping part is important. If not done correctly, springs will fly. Try to do in a very clean enclosed room incase you need to go hunting.

Good luck.