Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Threaded 17L Barrel in a Glock 34 For Suppressor Host

jcshelto

I wanted to turn my Glock 34 into a suppressor host and several factors led my to a threaded 17L barrel from Lone Wolf (The 34 Threaded was sold out), longer is generally better with suppress and then the small, but present ballistic advantage.

My biggest concern was how it would look. How would a Lone Wolf Threaded 17L barrel look in a 34? I figured it would protrude 1.24 inches. And I collected as many pics as I could and measured their protrusion. What do y'all think? Maybe some one actually has a specific image of a threaded 17L barrel ij a 34. I am imagining it will look the most like the last pic in this thread.

I know there is a lot of frivolity in this thread, but I am on staff duty (You military guys will understand)

What do you thihk? Threaded 17L Barrel in a 34? I am excited, but there is some trepidation.

11017674153_b15f3ba7b1.jpg
Slide1 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr

Slide2 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr
11017455055_4505f0a4a7.jpg
Slide3 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr
11017550976_ed647d759f.jpg
Slide4 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr
11017454605_2693e5aefe.jpg
Slide5 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr
11017673423_6f71eb15c9.jpg
Slide6 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr
11017454245_39bc61086a.jpg
Slide7 by MAJU Photography, on Flickr

Edited by jcshelto

With it already being extended that far and then adding a can on top of that it just seems so long. I'm wondering if the barrel would have any trouble unlocking considering how far the weight is going to be out on the front of it. I'm no expert on suppressors so i can't tell you whether it will work or not, but i can tell you that i think that gap will look silly and i think you may regret it if you do. Try finding a used 34 threaded or look into storm lake or kkm. Good luck, i want to see pics when you get it all sorted out.

Edited by G17

With it already being extended that far and then adding a can on top of that it just seems so long. I'm wondering if the barrel would have any trouble unlocking considering how far the weight is going to be out on the front of it. I'm no expert on suppressors so i can't tell you whether it will work or not, but i can tell you that i think that gap will look silly and i think you may regret it if you do. Try finding a used 34 threaded or look into storm lake or kkm. Good luck, i want to see pics when you get it all sorted out.

I didn't think about the length and barrel lockup

The thing is -- this can't be a dedicated suppressor gun. It has to remain my production gun, which is going to be very difficult.

I am gonna have to strip some parts off and transform it from a super 'tacticool' gun to a production competition gun. I even ordered a flash hider until I get the suppressor.