Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ASAP type sling mnt for PRS stock

mpeltier

I've been using a sling at work everyday for a few years now and typically for carry I prefer a two point configuration. The last couple of Tac-courses I've run there I converted to a single point configuration and it is for me much easier and faster to actually shoot with, especially when strong side week side transitions are involved. At the recent USCA championship there were several stages with these type of transitions so decided to rig my game gun for single point and give it a go. Unfortunately Magpul makes their nice ASAP for std collapsible stocks (that's what I use at work) but not their PRS stock. So I set out to fix that problem. What do you all think, should Magpul make something like this?

post-6767-0-42095200-1385232632_thumb.jppost-6767-0-43892100-1385232730_thumb.jp

That's slick! I was trying to figure scatting mount a single point on the PRS too. They need your device or a QD hole up front.

I would say they should make this for the PRS stock. I chose the UBR stock over the PRS due to the QD sling attachment points on the UBR

I've got a UBR and tried other mounts on the PRS. None addressed the need or utility of a truly ambidextrous mount such as the ASAP type that allows the sling to transition with you as you transition from strong to weak side and back. As Jesse said, its slick.