Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Mark 6 CMR-W 5.56 Reticle: Bullet Drops / Holdover

compulsion1984

I've been looking around for scopes for a bit and the Mark 6 by Leupold caught my eye for the 1-6x market. I know it currently has illumination problems, but I'm looking 1-2 years down the road. The reticle, lighter weight than vortex, and potential higher durability (and lower cost) that swaro led me to it.

Anyways, the CMR-W 5.56 reticle looks really good to me. I know some people don't like them, but I really like the bullet drop marks for drops vs normal MIL or MOA hashes. http://www.leupold.com/reticles/illuminated-cmr-w-5.56/

It appears that Leupold calibrated it based on 855 (which I think is stupid) and I want to know how it will perform with XM193 55grain FMJ.

• Does anyone have this reticle?
  • How far off are your impacts with XM193?

I'm hoping the hash marks / dots will still work. If the holdover is significant, then the reticle is useless to me. I'd like the dots/hashes to still be touching the targets at 100-400 yards. I don't want to be "midway" between hashes, I want a set point I can still the gun on and hit my target with precision rather than a little fudging.

I recently got an MTAC and while I don't like the giant donut circle thing, I LOVE the drop marks. I hit a 4-5" steel circle at 400 yards after simply zeroing at 100 yards. I was astonished since the 4x barely let me see it.

Edited by compulsion1984