Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quick detach scope mount

chp5

I have the Armalite mount. It is not as fast to detach as some others, but stays put and holds zero. I took it off the gun in Lexington, KY and flew to Reno, NV where I put it back on and it hit point of aim at 300 yards on the first shot. I used it because of the long eye relief capability and the sturdiness and simplicity. I would buy another one. It uses knobs like a carryhandle. FWIW, hope this helps.

I have the Armalite mount. It is not as fast to detach as some others, but stays put and holds zero. I took it off the gun in Lexington, KY and flew to Reno, NV where I put it back on and it hit point of aim at 300 yards on the first shot. I used it because of the long eye relief capability and the sturdiness and simplicity. I would buy another one. It uses knobs like a carryhandle. FWIW, hope this helps.

How's the height of the Armilite for you?

I use it with a Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x24 and the height is perfectly natural for me. I use cheek against the stock(ACE). You get plenty of clearance with this scope at both ends. I get between 7/8" and 15/16" clearance to the handguard(JP) in the front, and 1/2" to the rear above the rail. I am estimating that a 50mm objective may be close in the front, but anyting smaller will surely fit.

I'm rather fond of the Larue QD mount, too, although I don't seem to use the quick detach feature much (if ever) on my primary Open AR. I have a Armalite mount on my AR10, and it works just fine as well.

Heck, Liota's new AR has those freaky-tall Burris "AR Flat Top" rings on it, and it has been holding up just fine.

But the Larue QD mount just screams "ubertactical" and so must be better...which is why I'm not going to change :)

Alex

I just bought a lower power variable scope and now I'm looking for a recommendation for a quick detach scope mount for a flat top AR, 1" scope.

Thanks.

Which variable did you get? How does it look? How easy is it to change powers? Etc.

RS,

I haven't shot the scope yet, but I'll post after I do.