Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nickel boron on 1911 what do you think?

trp

Anybody have one coated with this?

How's it hold up with hard use?

I have a trojan with the stock finish that SUCKS! I like the looks of this stuff a little different than hard chrome but with all the advantges (I think) tell me your experience with it maybe some pics or company's you trust to do it

THANKS

Personally I'd call Nate at Ft Daniel in Lawrenceville Ga, he has been my point of contact on multiple things to be done. When I get back from Maine I'm taking him another bolt carrier group to do.

He is building all his AR's with both the bcg and the lpk's done. I've seen a couple of Sig's, Beretta, and a couple whellies done as well.

I had 2 CZ shadows done up in NiB. Even with the guts pretty heavily polished before, the coating ended up taking off nearly .5lb of the DA pull, and the gun just felt slicker than teflon snot..

The first one I had done was with CCR. They jerked me around about the time frame the gun would be done in, though the work was good. The 2nd one was done by WMDguns. The work wasn't great, but they made it right.

I had 2 CZ shadows done up in NiB. Even with the guts pretty heavily polished before, the coating ended up taking off nearly .5lb of the DA pull, and the gun just felt slicker than teflon snot..

The first one I had done was with CCR. They jerked me around about the time frame the gun would be done in, though the work was good. The 2nd one was done by WMDguns. The work wasn't great, but they made it right.

Did you have the internals coated? Is that why your pull was altered?

I wouldn't do any internal ignition parts

Did you have the internals coated? Is that why your pull was altered?

I wouldn't do any internal ignition parts

Everything except the sear.

I had my lightened 2011 coated a few years ago. The wear is just as good as my other hard chromed gun coming out of kydex. The gun cycles much faster bone dry over even light oil, although I keep it oiled. The wipe clean part has been pretty much true for me. I think I put up pictures here, I'll see if I can dig them up.

I had my lightened 2011 coated a few years ago. The wear is just as good as my other hard chromed gun coming out of kydex. The gun cycles much faster bone dry over even light oil, although I keep it oiled. The wipe clean part has been pretty much true for me. I think I put up pictures here, I'll see if I can dig them up.

I'd love to see them from what I've seen its kinda has a goldish tint

Here is a picture when I first put it back together. Still looks as good today as it did then, well I actually wore the stippling down smooth but the finish is still perfect.

I use a kydex holster, and have maybe 30k down range with it.

It DOES have a sliiighhht gold tint to it, but it looks great. You can see the difference between the coating and the magwell, which is silver.

post-19767-0-16923500-1384487535_thumb.j

Edited by feederic

Here is a picture when I first put it back together. Still looks as good today as it did then, well I actually wore the stippling down smooth but the finish is still perfect.

I use a kydex holster, and have maybe 30k down range with it.

It DOES have a sliiighhht gold tint to it, but it looks great. You can see the difference between the coating and the magwell, which is silver.

Nice who did the work?