Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sling Technique & Mounting

zachvu

I prefer my Viking tactics 2 point sling. I use it with the VT buttstock adapter if I have to have one on my shotgun. Watching people with single point slings can be quite humorous, especially when they are wearing shorts and drop their rifle and try to run after that barrel is good and hot. A hot comp bouncing off the knees like a pin ball, and that fore end bouncing around and smacking them in the nads makes me wonder......why???

That's rediculous. Obviously those were individuals who have no clue how to properly use a single point sling.

Mark, I've seen many more shooters who have no clue how to properly use a single point sling than ones that do know how to use one.

I know Brian, I don't get it.....it's not that hard to figure out. It's probably due to the relative lack of needing to use a sling in your average match. So many migrate to what's easiest/simplest/most convenient/etc. I like to use that which best suits the stage.

Mines a Vtac also. I use it both as a single point or two point. Used for several years only as a two point. Learned at work to use it in single point configuration watching and learning from some of the veterans we have and started playing with it myself. It's really useful, but not always whats best.

Not a big fan of single point slings the muzzle invariably crosses your feet, when you transition to your handgun you have to becareful not to rack yourself in the nuts with your long gun. In my opinion single point slings are fanboy items and not that practical. Love a good 2 point sling and currently run a Vickers sling on my patrol rifle.

Pat