Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AA 22 conversion , light strikes?

mwx40x40

Was shooting my AA Glock 22 rf conversion this weekend and started experiencing light strikes. At first I wanted to blame the ammo, which can be common when shooting rimfire ammo. But, I was also shooting my M41 S&W and it ran 100%. The ammo feeding both guns was coming from the same box. 150 rounds thru the smith with no misfires. AA conversion would not shoot 3 in a row . Ammo on unfired rounds did show light mark on rim.

Anyone else every experience this?

Look into the chamber and make sure there is nothing left in the front of the chamber. On some barrels if there is a sharp edge on the chamber as the round goes into the chamber it will slice off a little bit and deposit the ring in the front of the chamber. You will have intermittent light strike issues when it is just the round not chambering all the way due to the gunk. Clean the chamber with a good brush and see if that helps....

DougC

I have sold my AA conversions, but I also had some light strike issues. There is maybe two issues you might want to check. Is the strinker spring good and strong. Does the Striker move freely when struck. Is there anything in the slide that can cause a slow down. Dirt, crud or what ever.

I the gun going into full lock battery.

More than likely it will be a simple issue to fix, just a PITA to locate. @@lr is dirty ammo at best and is always a challenge to run 100%

Good luck.

What type of 22lr ammo are you using ? AA is very specific about only using certain types of 22 in their conversions ...

Fed AutoMatch, CCI Minimags, and just tried some of the new Winchester M-22

I did a full inspection and deep cleaning last night. Only thing that caught my attention was light coating of oil in striker channel. I thought there were normally supposed to be dry. Any way , I will report back in after next range trip.