Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF GLOCK MATCH ST. AUGUSTINE FLORIDA nov 9th

Kimbertarget

Hello,

I recently won my second only STEEL CHALLENGE "production class" at ANCIENT CITY SHOOTING RANGE and i heard they were hosting a HUGE GSSF event. They said they are GIVING AWAY FREE 25+ GLOCK PISTOLS and approx $8000 in gear total!

This seems too good to be true for the $40 fee (plus GSSF membership).

Ive never been to oneof these matches and the production class steel challenge iwoni competed with my E.D.C. GLOCK-19. I own a G-34 but since there seems to be classes for each model,what class would i want to start it being a novice. I understand there is no movement,no draw stroke and no reloads,so it sounds like its an accuracy match more than anything.

What class would a G-19/G-34 with stock sights,but ext mag release , ext slide catch and a trigger job place me into a different class? Im trying to find information on their website but there is alot of information to assimilate.

1)Can someone breakdown what a newbie to a GSSF match with a stock G19/34 with only trigger work, and i actually have the extended mag/slide catch removed from the G34 and swapped with the G-19. Would that be an issue?

2)Can i use my GLOCK-34(17round) mags in my glock-19?

3) how many cartridges and mags do i need to compete comfortably?

Thank you in advance

You need 100 rounds per division that you shoot. You can shoot the 19 in a couple of divisions amateur civilian and competition. If you are LE or FF or Mil you can shoot in guardian. You can only shoot the 34 in competition. I would shoot at least 3 divisions. The main focus is accuracy and speed is secondary. Poor hits carry a huge penalty. It is the most boring match you will ever shoot in you life. Get there early and sign up at all the stages ASAP.