Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

good stages, good match

ErikW

I like the stages David Benzick built for the most recent Solano Targetmasters match. Very nationals-like, from a guy who, AFAIK, has been to only one USPSA pistol national match.

And we all got a good lesson from his speed shoot that neglected to say "from the box." The people who ran up close and hosed didn't shoot it any faster than the people who shot it all from the start box.

I second Erik's post.  Dave put together a very good match.  Very ingenious method of putting 2 stages into one bay.  There was a large stage and a smaller speed shoot in two bays.  Each squad would shoot the larger stage first then move down the bay and do the speed shoot.

Yes, Thank You Sue!

I'll be back next match.

Our squad had two really new shooters.  One had never fired a handgun before(?) but had a lot of rifle experience.  He did a pretty good job, only dropped 2 points on the two stages that they shoot before they had to leave.

Before I RO'd him on the second stage I asked him if he had ever transfered a gun to his weak hand.  He answered No, he'd never fired a handgun before.  Yikes!

But he listened and then transfered the gun exactly like I told him and only dropped one point shooting weak hand!