Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic Extension or RCI Xtension?

bluedevil008

I have a new 1301 and am looking ar a +5 or 6 extension.

I am debating between the NC MXT or the RCI Xtension. The cost difference is about $20 so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with BOTH and can tell me if it's worth the cost difference for the RCI.

Thanks!

As you know both are great product and supporters of our sport, so that's even.

If you plan to use a barrel / tube clamp with the NC you can tighten the nut on the fore grip and leave the tube slightly loose allow the tube to move toward the barrel. POI should not change once sighted in.

IIRC, a friend has the RCI, you can't do that with the RCI.

If I'm wrong about this I'm sorry, just bringing it up for consideration.

I'm sure someone will quickly jump on this message and correct me :roflol: .

My $.02

The RCI tube is great, and so is the Nordic. My Super Nova is on its way to Mark and the guys for an XM2BE install, and I will be running the Xtension on my semi. The Nordic is a very good tube, the folks at RCI won the debate with me on a personal level.

I've got both, my 930 came with the Nordic, I bought a plus 1 cap and it worked great. I think I bent the spring a little one night and thats when I started having issues of the stock follower hanging up at the end of the mag tube at the extension.

I won the RCI at a match and put that on for the rest of the season and love it so far. Likestoshoot is correct when saying with the RCI, you can not tighten just a nut like the NC. It is all one piece of aluminum. The follower it ships with is a little over an inch long and I have uet to have a hang up issue with it.

I talked with Nate from Lancer and he said they should have carbon fiber tubes pretty soon. I run one on my Versa Max. As of now I have the Nordic on my 1301 but will probably go with the Lancer.

I like the RCI design better, but they dont offer a +9 (for 12 rounds total).

When I changed from an 8 round mag to a 9 there was a significant difference in leniency with my stage plans. I havnt shot a match with the +9 yet but I'm sure it will be awesome.

When I changed from an 8 round mag to a 9 there was a significant difference in leniency with my stage plans. I havnt shot a match with the +9 yet but I'm sure it will be awesome.

just buy there +2 and you will have what you want.........

Well hell, I didnt even see that. Another 40$ however brings the cost up to nearly 2x that of the NC. (I probably wouldve bought it anyway ;))

Well hell, I didnt even see that. Another 40$ however brings the cost up to nearly 2x that of the NC. (I probably wouldve bought it anyway ;))

I got one coming with the plus 2, I might post up a comparison of the 2.

So what would be the point of having the tube move freely with the NC?

First you tighten the extension tube nut to hold the fore grip in place. Then you leave the tube about 1/2 turn loose so the tube can be pulled to the barrel when using a clamp. Since there is no tension on the barrel from the tube there should be no change in the Point Of Impact.

The tube will be securely held with the clamp. If you're not using a clamp just tighten everything up..

Edited by LikesToShoot

Nordic is local to me, I have friends who work there, and they are a big sponsor of our yearly major shotgun match....so that's what I use. If I were to be unbiased and in the market again I would probably go RCI because I like the one piece concept.