Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why shoot a .45

neckbone

I have a G17 and while everyone tells me how awesome Glocks are, I just don't enjoy shooting it or the 9mm as much as my 45s. I honestly get about the same felt recoil from my G17 in 9mm as my 5" 1911 in 45acp. I let the kids shoot the 9mm and I save the 45 ammo for me. I have a really nice 2011 in 40 and it has to beg me to take it to the range, while my single stack 45 always finds it's way into my bag.

I have a really nice 2011 in 40 and it has to beg me to take it to the range, while my single stack 45 always finds it's way into my bag.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I bought a 2011 thinking that I would just love it. I thought its the perfect combination between the 1911 and a high cap pistol. Well, its ok, but I don't love it. Not like I love my 1911.

1- you can make fun of all the other guys for shooting sissy calibers

2- at our club I don't have to mark my brass, just grab all the big stuff so sorting is easy and I get it all back.

We don't make fun of the ladies for shooting those non - 45 calibers, they get thanked for coming.

Strange - My lady would be making fun of the other guys for shooting sissy calibers...

You shoot .45 because when the Lord Jehovah appeared before His servant John Moses Browning and told him to build a pistol, He told him to build a 1911 in the caliber of .45.

Seriously though, I'm going to be limiting myself to 9mm and .40 for action pistol because of costs, but I do really enjoy breaking out the Glock 21 and Glock 36 for GSSF matches because there is just something special about .45.

I love the USPSA guys who shoot .45 for Single Stack. Nothing like patching for them and trying to cover bullet holes the size of salad bowls at the end of a stage.

I shot a match last week with a new action shooter who showed up with a 1911 and some really hot .45 loads. Glorious muzzle flash and power. :)

I've got to admit that looks pretty sweet. I've never shot a Tanfoglio before so I'm not trying to knock it. For me its like CZ; I know they have their followers but I'm just not sold yet.

I was thinking STI's Perfect 10. I've always been a fan of the 10MM. Bought a Perfect 10 a while back thinking it would be the end all be all, but I haven't gotten used to the wide body yet. And that long black barrel would look awesome as during the smiting.