Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glare Shields

pcarst

Probably the most complained thing about using Apple iPad Minis for PractiScore is reading the screen due to the glare. It really is a major problem and significantly slows down both entering and accuracy. I have finally found a case/screen combo that is both affordable as well as very good at reducing the screen glare.

The product is the Garrison Premium Folio Case from BodyGuardZ. The case is well designed and fits the mini perfectly. The best part is that it comes with BodyGuardZ's anti-glare screen protector and all for under $40. Putting the screen on a clean Mini was very easy although the supposedly included tool was missing. I used a credit card which worked fine. The screen pretty much disappears and does not reduce readability at all. Outdoors, it works fantastic and everyone that used it really liked the improvement.

Here is a link.http://www.bodyguardz.com/the-garrison-premium-folio-case-for-apple-ipad-mini.html?dir=asc&order=sort_priority

Probably the most complained thing about using Apple iPad Minis for PractiScore is reading the screen due to the glare. It really is a major problem and significantly slows down both entering and accuracy. I have finally found a case/screen combo that is both affordable as well as very good at reducing the screen glare.

The product is the Garrison Premium Folio Case from BodyGuardZ. The case is well designed and fits the mini perfectly. The best part is that it comes with BodyGuardZ's anti-glare screen protector and all for under $40. Putting the screen on a clean Mini was very easy although the supposedly included tool was missing. I used a credit card which worked fine. The screen pretty much disappears and does not reduce readability at all. Outdoors, it works fantastic and everyone that used it really liked the improvement.

Here is a link.http://www.bodyguardz.com/the-garrison-premium-folio-case-for-apple-ipad-mini.html?dir=asc&order=sort_priority

So the case really isn't doing anything for you, rather it's the anti-glare film you apply to the glass. I think you can probably get anti-glare screen films by themselves. Personally I'd go with an otterbox defender for the ipad mini from amazon. They sell it for $30-something off the list price.

Or you could just use a $50 Nook and not have any issues with seeing the screen outdoors........

Yeah, for local Lvl1 matches and most lvl2 matches, they're fine. I'm using them right now. I just really question whether they have enough oomph to them to drive a big Lvl3 match, as in 12 or more stages and 350+ competitors.

Someone around here fashioned their own clipboard-type sunshade for led-backlight screens. The topic and a picture is around here on BE somewhere. And you can always just turn and shade the screen with your body or (if you have them) stay underneath whatever permament cover structure you have on the bays. They just ran the B2B nationals with a fleet of iPads.

The Otterbox was signficantly more expensive and did not come with an anti-glare shield as part of the product. I did try a couple of other anti-glare shields but the ones from BodyguardZ were far superior, although more costly at over $20. The nice thing about the Garrison case is that not only do you get a very good case, it also includes the anti-glare shield - all for under $40. I found discount coupons that gave me another 15% off my order as well.

Solving the grief I heard about the glare on the iPads - priceless!