Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Blueing Question?

nhglyn

I hope I explain this well........I have a handgun that the blueing has "lost its lustre" after many firings. It's like slightly "discolored" because of the heat of heavy use.

Is there a rub on/spray on product that will restore the "deep rich" color of the blueing? What do you rub your gun down to keep it looking great?

Thanks for the help.

the blueing has "lost its lustre" after many firings.  It's like slightly "discolored" because of the heat of heavy use.

Get used to it. Your gun now has character. Shoot it a bunch more and it will get even more character. Shiny, purty guns are the universal signature of the drugstore cowboy. Since you're here, we all know you're better than that. ;)

Overheard after someone went to a class by a noted grandmaster:

"Wow!  You got to meet (so and so).  What did (so and so's) gun look like?!!!"

"Rode hard and put away wet."

Guest Larry Cazes

A little care is all it takes to have both! <_< Just wipe the gun down with your favorite protectant before you put it away and it will retain it's finish. If you run a race holster which only connects to the trigger guard then you shouldn't see much holster wear. An ugly gun really only counts for points to the Tactically correct crowd anyway :lol::D