Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New toy (new to me)

2010 Ram 3500....

I am hoping the attachment/photo works properly.

6.7 CTD, BigHorn edition crew cab, 8 ft bed.

4.10 rear end. It is the first diesel I have owned, it is pretty cool how it feels like it is constantly wanting to pull, get on the accelerator and it is instant power.

Byron

Kewl, I know that feeling of a turbo diesel wanting to pull. Got my first diesel truck 7 years ago.

Is it a srw or drw version?

SRW, and hard as heck to find. Duallies were all over the place but the 3500 srw, were just not available.

40k miles, aftermarket wheels, window tinting, rhino liner, tow package, undercoated, it has everything I was looking for plus more.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a DEF tank on that truck? I have not looked at them in a couple of years. I know that when they first come out with that particulate filter they had problems when people would idle to much. I have a 04.5 that has been great. Probably will be my last diesel due to the all the emissions crap.post-44733-0-86898100-1382581393_thumb.j

Nice truck. You will have that 5.9 forever, they are like cockroaches, you just can't kill 'em. I hope this 6.7 proves to be the same.

Sorry for the delay. No DEF. It uses a diesel particulate filter and exhaust gas recirculation.

So they are choked off a little bit, but it is still a beast.

From what I understand, they had some issue the first couple years with managing the regens, but I have been told it is all squared awayby the 2010 trucks, I have had mine a few weeks now and haven't gotten any emissions messages, but I believe I can tell when regens are occurring. It is the only time you ever smell diesel.

The truck is a blast to drive. Although in town it is pretty thirsty, but due to the city's layout we have an insane number of stoplights and stop signs. Seems like they are everywhere.....

Someday I am actually going to be at my pc and I will get some pics posted.