Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference between black ice and sting ray holsters?

Nimitz

If you mean the difference between the regular BladeTec holster and the Black Ice, the front of the Black Ice is cut out deeper. The Stingray is the method used for belt attachment.

Edited by kmca

I remember when they had a production problem as #7 says. BladeTech acknowledged the problem and replaced the offending holsters. I have a few of their holsters,I just wish they would make the Ice in left handed :(

If you have a tall front sight such the one used with Dawson adjustable sights on your pistol that are taller than .200" or so and then combined with the stingray holster it is very likely possible the front sight will catch on the holster and thus you end up not being able to get your pistol out of the holster.

It happened to me at a local where I failed to test my new holster for my G34, the buzzer went off and I tried to draw my pistol, gave it a little tug and it would not come out, pulled a little harder and nothing still, then yanked on it and still would not come out. My buddies behind me were rolling on the ground laughing.

Ended up having to the holster apart to get the gun out, since the front sight was burried into the holster

yeah I had to worry about that with my G34 as well because it's recommended to get the tall front sight with that pistol. Should not be any issue with the CZ as I have their competition FO front sight being installed on the gun