Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 9 Front Sight

saibot

I've been struggling with trying to find the correct sight height of my M&P Pro 9. The factory .180 sight was too tall and my POI was low so I put on a Dawson .160 and everything seemed fine. I had severe functionality issues and had to send it back to S&W twice before they replaced the barrel which solved my problems and the pistol runs perfectly now, not having a single issue in 3k rounds.

The one thing that I noticed is that the POI is off and found it shooting over the tops of small targets like plate racks at 15 yards. So it appears that I need yet a smaller front sight, perhaps .150.

And for what it's worth, I'm shooting 124 Precision Delta FMJ's with 4.6 of Solo1000, so they're plenty hot.

Have any of you ever experienced this with your M&P before? Anyone running a sight shorter than .160 with the factory rear?

Also, I'm considering getting a KKM barrel and was curious if any of you experienced a POI shift when you switched. My new barrel is the 2012 barrel but not the new 1:10.

Thanks!

You're right, I'm getting wrapped around the axle on this. I did put the factory .180 back on yesterday and was shooting low again, so I'm off somewhere. I'll run back out today and confirm where each sight is hitting since I'm mixing things up.

Do you guys know, what is the optimal range to sight in?

Thanks, all!

So here's a little more info after a quick trip to the range.

.160 is spot on at 7 yards - 6 inches high at 25 yards.

.180 is 1 inch low at 7 yards - 3 inches high at 25 yards.

So not really sure what to make of this.

Thoughts?

So here's a little more info after a quick trip to the range.

.160 is spot on at 7 yards - 6 inches high at 25 yards.

.180 is 1 inch low at 7 yards - 3 inches high at 25 yards.

So not really sure what to make of this.

Thoughts?

i would stick with the .180 then. At 7 yards, 1" won't really matter. At 25 yards, just cut the steel in half and you should be GTG.