Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Compromising the quality you expect!

gose

hate....

Companies saying they're not compromising the quality you expect and then do just that!

I guess it all depends on what you expect, but when the product is on the higher end of the price scale, I do expect quality.

Guess I was wrong... again.

At least the CS was shitty enough to really convince me to never deal with them again.

Edited by gose

I spent 20 years working at National semiconductor. I always found it funny to listen to the CEO at the communication meetings going on about how we had to target "zero defects" and eliminate all "quality accidents"...... while our product lines were knowingly shipping defective products all the time. When they blew up in the field it was always: "Ooops.... we'll get you replacements as soon as possible." Quality today is just a buzzword at most companies.

I spent 20 years working at National semiconductor. I always found it funny to listen to the CEO at the communication meetings going on about how we had to target "zero defects" and eliminate all "quality accidents"...... while our product lines were knowingly shipping defective products all the time. When they blew up in the field it was always: "Ooops.... we'll get you replacements as soon as possible." Quality today is just a buzzword at most companies.

No kidding.

Then you call the company to let them know, and the reply is "We did what we had to do"... Clearly profit is more important than happy customers and quality.

Gose,

In all fairness what was the title of the person who told you that? I run a medium sized business and I feel confident the owner of that company cares about happy customers and quality because in the long run, that's the only way to make profit. It really bugs me to hear people talk about customer service and profit like the two cannot coexist, when in reality they go hand in hand.

As companies grow they often bloat with bureaucracy and communication/accountability suffers; if you can sense this, the owner likely knows it. While management may not know how to fix it, if you can get high enough in the chain I'll bet they'd listen to your issues with great consideration.

It's a fact of life that people make mistakes; the more volume you do, the more mistakes, so as an executive you spend much of your time doing the best you can to make it right.

Gose,

In all fairness what was the title of the person who told you that? I run a medium sized business and I feel confident the owner of that company cares about happy customers and quality because in the long run, that's the only way to make profit. It really bugs me to hear people talk about customer service and profit like the two cannot coexist, when in reality they go hand in hand.

As companies grow they often bloat with bureaucracy and communication/accountability suffers; if you can sense this, the owner likely knows it. While management may not know how to fix it, if you can get high enough in the chain I'll bet they'd listen to your issues with great consideration.

It's a fact of life that people make mistakes; the more volume you do, the more mistakes, so as an executive you spend much of your time doing the best you can to make it right.

I spoke to the owner...