Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you using for holding your moonclips on your belt?

mcb

+1 for 10mm Dave set up I'm new to revolver

And used mine in the walls of steel match it

Work great!!

The moon clips felt reel smooth coming off the belt

I felt I did some decent reload times for my first time

I like that design Pat. I have a homemade version of the North Mountain and like the overall design, but do find myself grabbing the wrong post when I get down to the second row. I'm sure some reload practice would help with that, but I've been thinking about making something that was single post height. Do you find any problems with getting the kydex to bend and wrap to fit your waist?

I was getting inconsistent reloads with my old double-stacked moon rack. I find it much easier to find a moon on a single high rack without looking. I bent the kydex into a curve to fit my waist when i built it. The 15 degree angle makes it easier to grab the clips all the way to the left (strong hand reload).

I was getting inconsistent reloads with my old double-stacked moon rack. I find it much easier to find a moon on a single high rack without looking. I bent the kydex into a curve to fit my waist when i built it. The 15 degree angle makes it easier to grab the clips all the way to the left (strong hand reload).

I find that looking at the moonclip while it's still on the holder is one of the keys to consistent revolver reloads. I bring the gun down near my belt, get a visual focus on the moon before I even grab it, and then watch it all the way into the cylinder.

I have been lucky enough to be one of the test-users for 10mmDave, and I love his design.

I thought I would have liked more angle, but the amount he builds into the holders is enough to hold them out for easy grabbing, even past my Dun-lop :).

The single-high setup allows for ease of bending at the waist whether loades or not (I have a short, wide torso) and my old North Mountain kept jabbing me incessantly in the ribs.

I asked Dave to "tighten up" the position of the moon holders for me and my 8-moon holder is maybe 2.5" longer than my NM was.

It's also a lot easier to drop prone with Dave's than the NM (use the front moons first so you don't mash your clips!) as it is nearly flat to the belt.

If anyone is going to Area 7 this weekend and wants to see one in person, I'll be at Chrono (unless making up a stage or eating :) ) all weekend and will bring my belt with me.

If anyone is going to Area 7 this weekend and wants to see one in person, I'll be at Chrono (unless making up a stage or eating :) ) all weekend and will bring my belt with me.

Your diet starts Wednesday, you will be chained to the hitch on my truck.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Well I got a present in the mail today! I got my rebuilt Northern Mountain moonclip holder back. I want to publicly say thanks to Bob and 4wheelgun.com for the excellent product and excellent service. He reached out to me and offered the rebuild at an excellent bargain. That is service above and beyond!

Its been fully upgrade to the latest version with a body and tek-lok belt loops. It appears he used my existing posts and post screws but give them a real polishing. The new rig is very nice and smooth. THANKS!

newmoonfront.jpg

newmoonback.jpg

newmoonsetup.jpg

I am really looking forward to my next match to give it a go!

I've got a couple of North Mountain 4 post rigs. One works with 45 ACP 6 shot, and the other has thinner posts for 38/357 6 shot moon clips. Also, I'll keep a single post behind my hip for first load on a stage. That'll accommodate two string starts on those multi-string classifiers.