Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STANDARD at WSXIV

dirtypool40

OK, open the flood gates, similiar question I started with Production. Personally, I gotta cheer for TGO to repeat, but behind him who do you see?

Sub question; which TEAM do you see as tops? Sounds like we have at least two US Teams, Youngblood, and Old Farts. Can any country field a team to stop the ques-u-ochas? (<= from Ace Ventura...."white devils"). Say that'sa pretty good name for MY team, hmmmm.

I know about Estuardo and a couple of others down here, who else from around the world do you see as a threat to make the shoot off? Where are they from and what's their "ride". (IE any glocksters in Standard, CZ guys etc.)

Thanks, have fun.

Obvious vote for many from the US will be Phil Strader overall along w/ TGO & Voigt on Team USA. I would not count out Saul Kirsch if he opts to shoot WSXIV & shoot Standard or Modified. There have also been several excellent shooters from South & Central America the past year or so, though I remember them mostly as IPSC Production Division competitors. Any votes for wild-card entries from Japan? They certainly seem to have the Steel game down pat.

As for other top teams, I would expect the Czech Republic team (shooting CZs) to do very well in addition to the usual suspects from South Africa. Regards, D.

Although it would be grand to see TGO take another WS, I would like to see Rodney ( ;) ) win it. Won't say anything else because the last time we engaged in such a thread it kinda' went south for him. We'll see how it goes...

Guys,

I'd really like to see an internal competition between the "old farts" and the "new breed" US teams, but I have to ask: since only one official team can be fielded (along with several non-official teams) to run for team standings, which one will be representing USA in Standard Division?

6.4.1 Subject to the availability of allocated slots, one Regional team in each Division may be selected on merit by each Region for IPSC Level IV or higher matches. At the discretion of the Match Organizers, other teams may be fielded but will not be eligible for team recognition or awards. Approved Category teams are specified by a vote in the General Assembly (see Appendix A2).