Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Media Mail

meatsauce

So I ordered a book earlier this month and got an email saying it shipped on the 7th. Today I think about it and realize its been 21 days and I have not seen the book. So I shoot an email to the seller and found out they sent it USPS Media Mail and said that if it wasn't here by Sept. 7th to email back. Really??? 1/12 of a year to get a 300 page paperback across 3 states??? And there's no way to track media mail so who knows if its lost or just lying around somewhere. What does USPS do with the package for so long? USPS in general is kind of an antiquated system. It makes me not feel bad for all the locations that have closed, and makes me happy to give my money to FedEx. Someone said to me "You get what you pay for". But I paid $5.99 shipping on a $3.99 used book. I would think that was enough to get my book sooner than a month.

I know what you mean. I get sale flyers mailed to me and by the time I get them, the sale is already done.

Reminds me of the line by the Russian comedian, Yakov Smirnoff: "I read in paper ad saying 'BIG SALE...LAST WEEK'! What? They rubbin' it in I missed it? :roflol:

Edited by Alan550

I know what you mean. I get sale flyers mailed to me and by the time I get them, the sale is already done.

Reminds me of the line by the Russian comedian, Yakov Smirnoff: "I read in paper ad saying 'BIG SALE...LAST WEEK'! What? They rubbin' it in I missed it? :roflol:

:roflol: What a country ^_^

media mail earns the title of snail mail