Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA vs tanfoglio

Onagoth

Yes, there are small frame pistols and large frame pistols, that's the only difference you need to worry about. I've only held one Stock III and it was a small frame. Henning sells parts for both sizes. The triggers, hammers and springs are all the same; grips, mags, firing pins, mag wells, slides and barrels are different.

Does that answer your question?

In Canada all we can get is Tanfoglio but I happen to have an older EAA small frame. My friends Stock 1 is a small frame and has all the same parts as my EAA exept for the safety and the mainspring parts, the EAA has a large mainspring were the Tanfoglio has a newer short style. His Tanfoglio Stock 3 in forty is a small frame also and when I wanted to buy some Limited parts they ended up being large frame. All this confuses me and Ive been doing some reasurch and I found this off a CZ forum and now I'm even more confused lol, however it is interesting.

"In some configurations I even prefer them to their CZ counterparts. Tanfoglio Witnesses are available in both small frame and large frame configurations; the small frame pistols are very similar dimensionally to CZ75s (grips/mags can interchange), but I'm pretty sure the Tanfo compact has a slightly shorter grip than a CZ compact. Originally the small frame pistols were 9mm/.40 and the large frame pistols were .38super/.45/10mm, but in 2005, all calibers were available in large frame; to further complicate matters, more recently small frame pistols came back in the form of "Witness Classic". If you're not confused enough, small/large frame has to do with the dimensions of the magazine well and the length of the rear part of the slide, but nothing to do with compact/full size (there are large frame compacts and full sized small frames)."

Cheers,

Evan

"

Edited by Workingspy

Not true for mine. I have a Shadow and a Small frame stock II and the grips are completely different and not interchangeable.

The CZ mag wont lock into the stock II but the stock II mag will lock into the CZ. All are factory Mags.

"the small frame pistols are very similar dimensionally to CZ75s (grips/mags can interchange)"

It's true that there are enough subtle differences between small frame Tanfos and CZs that I try not to mix mags. I shot a match with CZ75B .40 and the EAA mags seemed to fit good enough, but I had some unexplained malfunctions in the heat of battle.