Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.11 Rush 12 vs Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II or standard Falcon II

Partagas

I am looking for a range backpack and the Rush 12 and Pygmy Falcon or regular Falcon are the ones I am considering. I don't know if the regular falcon compares more to the Rush 24 or not.

Has anyone tried both? Pros and cons?

I want the backpack as I like to ride my motorcycle to some of the shoots and it just seems handier to begin with. I am an unranked SS 45 shooter and don't take much except the necessities so I don't need a real big bag. It is mostly local shoots at this point as well.

Thanks

I use the Rush 24 for local and large matches. Looked at the 12 but decided it was too small for my needs. I shoot production, take 200-300 rounds as I usually shoot twice, 5 -7 magazines, hat, towel, water, pistol and assorted minimal gear.

I have a Rush 12 and PF. Depends on match and expected conditions / weather. If it’s really hot and I want to tote multiple water bottles, hand towels, etc, or rain is in the forecast and I want to pack a small jacket, I will carry the R12. For just a normal match, cooler temps I will carry the PF. For longer matches I’ll carry the R12 with my normal stuff and snacks. HTH

I have the Rush 24 to big, the Covert pack some very nice features and the Falcon 2.

The falcon 2 is my go to range bag, multiple compartments so you can keep things seperated, mags, glasses, ammo and everything else.

I did add a small Maxpedition dump on the side for a 1 liters water bottle and have anouther dump pouch I can add if I want/need to carry 2 liters.

I have no problems getting everything and just about anything I want to carry in it.

Any of them take a water bag and will serve you well.

Just depends on how much you want to spend and what fetures you want.

If I have time I will post some photos.