Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G23 converted to a 19?

AtlantisArms

www.glockmeister.com has info. If I recall correctly, to do the job right with factory parts, you have to exchange the slide, barrel, AND locking block - which means that it's a Gen III deal. Don't do it to save money, because it's as expensive as buying a new gun. Slide and barrel hits about the $350 mark and the locking block is another $25 I think. Another $25 to $50 and you've got yourself a used G23.

You also need a new ejector as they are different..... they make a 9 conversion bbl, that doesn't work too well. also i don't think it's legal in ANY competition but open... hypothetically the frame was a 40.. not a 9.. but since they are all teh same that wouldn't matter much.

Tell your customer to buy a 19 if he wants a 19 :-)

I just helped a friend convert his G22 to shoot 9mm yesterday. We put in a KKM 40-9mm barrel, changed the extractor, ejector, and used factory 40 cal mags(didn't have any 9mm mags on hand). There was some serious erratic ejection of the spent casings. He actually got a little cut on the forehead. :o Now I'm wondering if he bought the right extractor 'cause it didn't look like the one on my 9mm. If it was my gun, I wouldn't convert it. Just another reason to buy another pistol. :wub:

Don't do it. Glocks are too cheap to try and change calibers on. Just buy a new gun. Avoid the KKM barrel caliber conversions at all costs. The rounds fit in just fine but there is too much slop on the breech face and the extractor only gets a very small piece of the rim. I finally got tired of the one I was trying in a Caspian slide and bought a 34.