Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried a Vortex Red Dot on a CORE?

JPB

• 2 months later...

The supplied #4 C-MORE STS plate fits the Vortex Razor. However the Vortex will not fit into the slide as it comes. The body of the Vortex is a little longer in front. I had to remove .035" from the forward shoulder of the slide to get the sight to drop down and sit flat. The sight is great but will require slight modification to the slide.

Also the body is a little tall to co-witness well with the sights. You can see them but they are at the very bottom of the lens.

The lock screw is easily accessed if you shorten the Allen wrench a little.

Edited by Cavy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Just put a Vortex Viper onto M&P 9L Ported . Can't believe how easy it was. Remove two screws from the top plate on the M&P and peel the plate off.  Clean number five plate from the M&P  with CL&P.  Place the vortex Viper 6 mao on top and screwed it down with the appropriate screws in the MEP kit which are already Loctite.  Did not loosen the lock screws for the height and windage adjustment.  The cowitnessing was rather remarkable.  The heights turned out to be exactly what's on my M&P Pro  9 mm 5 inch.  After a session at the range I don't believe I will have to change the zero setting.  If I did I would have to either remove the back sight to unlock the adjustments or take it off and make the adjustment then put it back on.  Am very pleased.  Rich

• 1 month later...

I put the vortex viper on one of mine. It fits fine and it cowitnesses with the irons. Not my favorite optic but it does work well for the price.  It's not a good optic for competition becuase of the size and with out a auto on function it doesn't appeal to me as everyday carry optic.