Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock Open Blaster from NHO

ryucasta

Very nice! (must have cost a small fortune) What finish is on the slide? I just recently put together my own "poor man's" Glock 35 open gun. Not as nice as your's by any means, but it is a GAS to shoot! :D I simply mounted an old Optima with a cheap ($7.00) plastic mount from CDNN, added a Storm Lake 6 port match barrel (dropped right in, no fitting), THE brass magwell and ex. mag button, and a stainless guide rod. 4 (+6) Arredondo basepads, and presto! My open Glock with 20 round mags! It runs great, is much more accurate, and the 6 port barrel makes a HUGE difference in shot to shot recovery. My next improvement will be a good trigger job. It looks as though you have the NHO Pro trigger job. How do you like it? And thanks for the great pics of your new blaster. B)

Larry

Very cool.

Tell us more! 9 Major? Who did the work? What type of barrel, comp, slide, etc?

Also, do you feel that the Docter sight is a better solution than a frame mounted Cmore for Glocks?

Thanks.

Chp5,

Tom Novak did the work on this gun.

Barrel is a KKM hybrid for Glock configured for 9x19 major.

Slide is a factory Glock slide (Hard Chromed) that had all the Glock markings milled off.

Comp is a 3 port comp from Tom Novak

SS Magazine Well from Tom Novak

For more info on Tom Novak click on the URL

http://www.handgunneroutlet.net/

Most of my open guns are configured with Docters. I have one 1911 with a Cmore and I am considering building another Glock Open with a Carver like mount and a Cmore sight.

• 1 month later...