Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

*thumb rest [generic]* on a Para Ordnance

Optimistix

Hi all

I need some practical/experienced input please.

I want to put a *thumb rest [generic]* on the Para Ordnance, but I have been told that the dust cover of the Para is too thin to reliably mount a pedal. I want to find out, from others' experience, if that is indeed the case or can I go ahead and mount the pedal?

Oh yes, .40 S&W IPSC Standard division.

The dust cover is pretty thin. There will probably be about 2 or 3 threads in each screw hole. That said, I have a Deltapoint on a Arredondo mount on a Para frame with just three screws and it seems to be holding well. So far ;)

Thanks Chuck ... how long have you been using it like this?

I will have to get back to you on the round count. My smith told me that they used to do what Barry suggests about adding a pad to the frame, He said that is what they did for heavier 2 sided mounts for tube sights and c-mores. A simple thumb rest would be lighter than any scope.

Later,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck ... how long have you been using it like this?

I will have to get back to you on the round count. My smith told me that they used to do what Barry suggests about adding a pad to the frame, He said that is what they did for heavier 2 sided mounts for tube sights and c-mores. A simple thumb rest would be lighter than any scope.

Later,

Chuck

The answer is about 11 months and 5,298 rounds of major .40.

Hope that helps!

Chuck