Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Late season thoughts on new Vortex 2.5-10x FFP?

michael1778

Now that we are deeper into the shooting season for 2013, what are the latest thoughts and reviews on the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x in first focal plane? I've got the second focal plane version and am interested in comments on the newer version. I saw early reports were favorable but curious how they are considered now after more use. Thanks in advance.

The new PST 2.5-10x32 is a different animal than the older 2.5-10x44. Not just in focal plane but glass is better. I checked out a friend's scope when he got it and promptly ordered one through Scott at Liberty Optics. Only problem is they are on order and I am still waiting for it. It's a really nice scope especially for the price. Will be going on my 18" POF .223.

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I've talked to our friend at Southern Guns LLC about what an optics revamp would run. Seems doable.

I'll be shooting the Oxford, NC match this Saturday with a similar optics configuration. I'll see how it goes. It worked well for me at Tarheel 3-gun Challenge in 2012 (ignoring that my rifle zero was insufficient). Poor rifle results were my inability to properly prepare back then.