Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited l10 open nats 2013, 2 stages in one bay?

motosapiens

Got the shooter's packet for st george today. It looks like they've doubled up a few of the stages in the same bay, but maybe I'm reading it wrong. I know this is not ken's first rodeo. There a few bays with doubled stages at last year's nationals and it seems like that was the source of a LOT of problems. It sounded like everyone from the MD to the RM's on down last year understood what the issue was, so perhaps there's plan already in place to make it work better.

It can be done - I've been on the RO crew of our sectional when my club hosts it, and we double on one bay to get in the desired # of stages.

We did it as two squads, one on each stage, with a shooter from each shooting one directly after the other before both sides went downrange to score and reset. That was possible because we had a wide shallow bay to put the stages on side by side. We also did stage briefings and walkthroughs simultaneously.

IIRC, at the Nats they did one squad on the two stages because one was downrange of the other. That gets around the coordination issues with the other stage on the bay, but does take up more time, essentially two time slots in the schedule unless you have a couple short courses, and that still is gonna be reset time times the # of shooters times two plus briefing and walkthrough for each.

So, like most things, it depends. Me? I'm going to Tulsa, and, unless they sold off a lot of the property, they should have plenty of room for one per bay.

Ibremeber the delays last year at nats but I also shot a match up in Norcal where they had two large stages on a square rifle bay. Worked well running two squads and two shooters back 2 back then scoring and resetting. I'm sure Ken and crew have a gameplan to make it work

Based on the schedule (18 places) and the stages (22) I will guess that a squad will be divided between the two stages; shot one stage and go 2nd or 3rd for the following stage.

It was done last year at Nationals in a few stages and if I recall correctly caused some delays...

So little number of hours ... so many stages to shoot!