Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom ECS 3-Gun Case

I shot Fallen Brethren last fall and loved these cases when I saw them there. I was tired of driving with 3 different gun cases, multiple boxes and cases with ammo, big range bag with mags and various other items. So I had to have one, and was pleased to learn they will make a CUSTOM case just about any way you want!

I finally got mine in today!

Locks up with two covered locks on the front for flying, cal travel,...

Everything here was custom made for me, starting with the outer dimensions of the case being of my specifications. Foam inside the case was made by ECS to fit my personal firearms, mag needs, and storage needs. The foam is supposed to avoid holding moisture that could cause corrosion issues.

Outside of the case has a lego block look to it that would mate up nicely to other ECS products should I need cases for other purposes. The outside of the case would be well suited for anyone who had to travel to a match with their stuff on a roof rack.

The inside of the case has custom made foam to support what I wanted, and where. I wanted all of my guns with their muzzle pointed in the same direction...and that direction to be AWAY from me when pulling it by its handle and rolling on the casters. The guns would be unloaded inside of it, but guns are always loaded after all.

k9ch.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
llb8.jpg

Starting at the back...

1. Cutout for my 26" Benelli M2 with 10rd RCI XRail tube, with an open area for the bolt handle, matchsaver, and chamber flag. I have a +3 RCI extension for it that will travel with a spare spring in another area.

2. Left side cutout is for storage of whatever I want to put in there (see below), Left-Middle is an area for 6 extended Glock mag, Right-Middle is a cutout for my Zev Dragonfly 17L with brass Zev magwell, Right side is for a 30 cal ammo can.

3. Cutouts on the front are for my 18" 3-gun rifle with Lancer handguard, plus 5 30rd mags at the end.

Currently....using MTM 100rd plastic ammo cases, the left side cutout holds 100rds of .223, 200rds of 9mm, RCI +3 extension with extra spring, and a few (4-6) stripper clips of .223. The 30 cal ammo can holds 144-148 12ga when they are removed from boxes, which should be enough for most major matches. I will likely toss 2-3 extra boxes of 12ga under the seat for just in case situations, or if the match looks to be really shotgun heavy.

For a major match where I would drive to most stages (not taking my 3-gun cart), I should be able to take JUST this case with 144-148 rounds of 12ga in the ammo can, 250rds of .223 between the loaded mags and MTM 100rd plastic case, 300+rds of 9mm in 2 MTM 100rd plastic cases and loaded mags, and all guns. Then just a small range bag with an extended or coupled mags, repair parts, tools, cleaning equipment,.... If I were going to fly (I hate flying), and I could not have the mags loaded, the ammo can and storage area would have rifle/pistol ammo and I would either ship the cheaper shotgun ammo ahead of time or buy it when I got to my destination.

Trent at ECS was great to work with, and very patient with me when asking for little changes here and there. This could have easily been done with two 30 cal ammo cans instead of one and a shallower area on the left, but this is what I asked for, and it works great!

Check them out if you get a chance.... http://www.ecscase.com/

Edited by EaZeNuTZ33

Images didn't come up for me.

J

Oppos just my phone. Images are good and case is awesome. How much does it weigh?

J

I'll have to load it up, snap some pics, and see if I can weigh it fully loaded down. It's gonna be over any airlines 50# weight limit.....thats for sure! Shipping weight was supposed to be 47lbs, but felt way under that!

Case is baby approved....

o3oi.jpg

Starting decorations.....

2ztz.jpg

More decorations....

ap6h.jpg

Almost fully loaded, missing pistol, 86# without pistol, guessing 88 with pistol. I have 3 more boxes of shells under the shotgun, 223 in stripper clips added to the left side cutout, and half the rifle mags loaded.

fguu.jpg
Edited by EaZeNuTZ33

I had to sign a non disclosure agreement on price since everything was custom

Who runs a business like that? One that won't be getting my business, that's for sure... you never know how screwed you will be getting over the cost.

I had to sign a non disclosure agreement on price since everything was custom

Who runs a business like that? One that won't be getting my business, that's for sure... you never know how screwed you will be getting over the cost.

Case is a one off that was outside their normal sizes. It doesn't bother me, be quad you sign it in order to get a quote, and you can back out at any time. Reasoning behind it would be in case they decided to make it a production model at a lower or higher price, it wouldn't be smart to have someone who helped with the design to be out there spouting how they got the case cheaper than what other people can.

I looked into a Pelican case that would hold all three guns and some mags. By the time I had one long enough to fit my shotgun, and had custom foam made/cut for it.....the one off ECS case was CHEAPER! IMO, I like the foam and construction of the case I have better as well. I've added size and weight with the other areas for ammo, and loading it down with ammo instead of just empty mags. Most re EMT photo has early 225rds of 12ga, 300+ 147gr 9mm, and around 300rds of 69gr 223......that's a BIG chunk of the 86#

Over would be a safe bet. I made price comparisons between this and a comparable capacity Pelican plus custom foam. The pelican plus foam would only allow three guns and a few mags, was thinner but much wider, and the cost would have been around $50-100 more expensive than the ECS.

• 2 weeks later...

I would cover it in hazmat, septic system inspection and biohazard stickers. No one wants to gank Bobs Honney Bee Septic Service gear but some flashy Larue, Hornady Match, 3gn Nation, etc and that is a prize to be had by most any shitheed.

I would cover it in hazmat, septic system inspection and biohazard stickers. No one wants to gank Bobs Honney Bee Septic Service gear but some flashy Larue, Hornady Match, 3gn Nation, etc and that is a prize to be had by most any shitheed.

Great idea! I will be googling tomorrow. TSA went through my gun cases last time I flew. They felt the need to put a piece of paper around my AR mags and tape it on like a cap but left the shotgun shells scattered around that fell out of the box. I'm surprised they didn't tape the end of each shell up.