Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited for $1200

Yes, I've noticed that they swell badly when loaded to max capacity. But it doesn't bother me when I'm reloading (slamming a fresh magazine in there) only when trying to eject a full magazine- while malfunction drills. But I haven't felt the need to eject a full magazine at the range or needed to eject one at a match. I think the expert (H.) meant the magazine feed lip angle was different or the distance between the feed lips was different, or something like that. Regrets are a bad tempered female dog, I know, and hind sight is 20/15, but I should have asked him what he meant.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Yes, I've noticed that they swell badly when loaded to max capacity. But it doesn't bother me when I'm reloading (slamming a fresh magazine in there) only when trying to eject a full magazine- while malfunction drills. But I haven't felt the need to eject a full magazine at the range or needed to eject one at a match. I think the expert (H.) meant the magazine feed lip angle was different or the distance between the feed lips was different, or something like that. Regrets are a bad tempered female dog, I know, and hind sight is 20/15, but I should have asked him what he meant.

Except for the case length, the rounds have identical dimensions....?

I can measure the mags and tell you what is different, but I wouldn't expect anything except the internal depth to be different.

Nealio- No, the cases are different, but pretty close. Not close enough that I'd want to fire a long loaded .40 cartridge in a 10mm barrel or vice-versa, though.

Intercooler2- Yes the mags should fit all the large frame Tanfos. I expect the upper should fit too.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

Nealio- No, the cases are different, but pretty close. Not close enough that I'd want to fire a long loaded .40 cartridge in a 10mm barrel or vice-versa, though.

Like I said, they are identical except for the case length.

"The .40 S&W case length and overall cartridge length are shortened, but other dimensions except case web and wall thickness remain identical to the 10mm Auto"

Hated to see the Match go but this makes the pain less :)

Just signed the papers and will be plugging away with it next week. Now I can lay off the Wife's 9mm! :D I thought it shipped with the Chrome mag but it has a black K9. Also comes in the black combination locking case with a second fiber-optic front sight.

1186072_573514319353271_2005036630_n.jpg

1185452_573514449353258_588512327_n.jpg

525699_573514639353239_891010280_n.jpg

1187010_573515216019848_1004539388_n.jpg

So I guess I didn't get the Chrome mag and should be happier?

Edited by Intercooler2

Hated to see the Match go but this makes the pain less :)

Just signed the papers and will be plugging away with it next week. Now I can lay off the Wife's 9mm! :D I thought it shipped with the Chrome mag but it has a black K9. Also comes in the black combination locking case with a second fiber-optic front sight.

1186072_573514319353271_2005036630_n.jpg

1185452_573514449353258_588512327_n.jpg

525699_573514639353239_891010280_n.jpg

1187010_573515216019848_1004539388_n.jpg

So I guess I didn't get the Chrome mag and should be happier?

Sa-weet! Hows the frame and slide fit, tight or a little loose? Also hows the trigger, break#, take up, reset etc?

Really considering one of these in .40 instead of a custom sti gun. At least the feel would be very similar to my stock 2.

Thanks!

Sa-weet! Hows the frame and slide fit, tight or a little loose? Also hows the trigger, break#, take up, reset etc?

Really considering one of these in .40 instead of a custom sti gun. At least the feel would be very similar to my stock 2.

Thanks!

You have to do some work to get the reset good and the trigger crisp, but you'd still be way way under the cost of an STI.

You can make the trigger as crisp and light as you want. The reset though is limited by the sloppy trigger to trigger-bar junction. I may try to find a fix for that this fall/winter.

Like I said, they are identical except for the case length.

"The .40 S&W case length and overall cartridge length are shortened, but other dimensions except case web and wall thickness remain identical to the 10mm Auto"

I misunderstood, I thought it was a question, sorry. I assumed they have to have a different case taper at least, because the case heads are the same diameter and the case mouths are identical and the cases are different lengths. I guess the taper difference is a small enough that it doesn't matter, because of machining tolerances and of course brass is springy.