Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PIG IN BULLBAR

gm iprod

Northern Territory farm-hand radios back to the farm manager.

"Boss, I gotta helluva problem here. I hit a pig with the ute. The pig's OK, but he's stuck in the bullbars at the front of my ute and is wriggling and squealing so much I can't get him out."

Manager says "Ok, there's a 303 behind the seat. Take it, shoot the pig in the head and you'll be able to remove him."

Five minutes later the farm hand calls back.

"I did what you said boss. Took the 303, shot the pig in the head and removed him from the bull-bar. No problem there, but I still can't go on".

"Now what's the f...k'n problem?" raged the manager.

"Well boss, it's his motor-bike. The flashing blue light is stuck under the right front wheel arch".

The term "pigs" kinda disappeared in my neighborhood with the arrival of the Beatles' Yellow Submarine... We just called cops the Blue Meanies and that was that. My association with the term "pigs" was that they were the uniformed LEOs that chased people out of parks in Berkeley, CA. :P

Later, with the explosion of the cocaine trade, the term "The Heat" was a colloquialism that stuck around a lot longer than "pigs." I still hear the term "the heat" more than any other.