Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you fill your Moonclips?

635 PCSO

California Comp Works Remooner works really well for 45 & 40....for 38's I've adopted what Glock Boy Carden uses, a pair of needle nose pliers...

Glock Boy usually gets about 2 moons loaded up to my one when he's got his pliers vs my Remooner....but I can load a Glock mag faster than he can.....

Pliers work pretty good for unloading them to, I've broken one of the Cal Comp Works demooners so far, the next one won't be made of plastic...

michaels

I use one of the Brownells demooner tools and have only used my hands to load em so far but this year has got me thinking about looking into some sort of loading tool, also. My thumbs were a little raw just before the state match this year.

Might have to give the old needle nose pliers a try, Dan.

I use a pair of Cornwell Hog Ring pliers. They are WAY Ergo. correct and inexpensive.

I wish using them was my idea. Actually got my first pair from Bud Bond.....Last time I ran into the Cornwell truck I picked up a couple "extra" pairs. If you were so inclined you could dremel a notch in the lower jaw to help locate thte center of the moon clip but so far they work just fine right out of the box !!!!

Cheers B)

Edited by High Plains Drifter

I as well also load my 625 moons by hand, and use the Brownell's screwdriver gizmo to de-moon. If there's a tough one to seat, find a solid surface you don't mind denting (if wood) and press it in.

IMHO, for an actin-oriented discipline, do yourself the favor and forgo the RIMZ. The ones I have (which I wouldn't unload onto anyone) kept dropping rounds during movement, loading, and especially unloading due to the flexible nature of plastic. I don't know if this has been worked out in a redesign, but after 1 stage I decided I needed to order the real ones (metal). They may, however, suit you fine if you prefer non-motion shooting.

Good luck and congrats on your purchase!