Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are FNH Choke tubes interchangeable with .......

chopps

Is your FNH barrel marked “Invector”? If it is, these are the standard Win-Choke tubes. These tubes are the same as / interchangeable with the Mossberg Accu-choke tubes used in the 500/590/930

If your barrel uses “Invector Plus” tubes the bore diameter is larger (than the standard Invector bore) and those tubes are different (not interchangeable with standard Mossberg tubes)

I have one of the original Winchester SX2 Practicals and It came with Browning Invector chokes. NOT Invector PLUS. I don't think the chokes were changed when they turned the SX2 into the SLP.

This shows Invector.

http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/barrel-parts/barrels/fnh-slp-mk1-barrel-assemblies-prod54076.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=FNH%20USA

Edited by sierra77mk

Is your FNH barrel marked “Invector”? If it is, these are the standard Win-Choke tubes. These tubes are the same as / interchangeable with the Mossberg Accu-choke tubes used in the 500/590/930

If your barrel uses “Invector Plus” tubes the bore diameter is larger (than the standard Invector bore) and those tubes are different (not interchangeable with standard Mossberg tubes)

Thanks

I have the 18 inch slp with standard invectors not plus. Just have a gunsmith here with the tools to thread winchester barrels and want to get my mossy 590 threaded with the same tubes as my FNH wich by what I see there the same as winchester threads.

Again thanks to all who helped me in this question

Edited by chopps