Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting DA/SA to SAO for use in ESP

jmbaccolyte

May I convert a Selective DA/SA (now it can be used as a DA/SA or cocked and locked as a SA) to SAO (single action only) to improve the trigger pull and use it in ESP?

Relevant sections from the new rule book appear to be:

8.2.2.162, " Selective DA/SA firearms will start cocked and locked or decocked."

And under allowable modifications:

8.2.2.2.13. -" Hammer and other trigger action parts to enhance trigger pull."

8.2.2.2.5. -"Action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained".

I don't see why this would be an issue. The cz I have come with the parts in the box from the factory to convert between da/sa and sa only. I think you just declare which division you are legal in and have fun. That is what I did at my classifier match and nobody batted an eye.

May I convert a Selective DA/SA (now it can be used as a DA/SA or cocked and locked as a SA) to SAO (single action only) to improve the trigger pull and use it in ESP?

Relevant sections from the new rule book appear to be:

8.2.2.162, " Selective DA/SA firearms will start cocked and locked or decocked."

And under allowable modifications:

8.2.2.2.13. -" Hammer and other trigger action parts to enhance trigger pull."

8.2.2.2.5. -"Action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained".

Howdy,

You didn't say which CZ.

If the CZ in question is allowed into ESP because of the SSP to ESP transfer rule, then no, you could not make it a SAO.

If the CZ meets all the requirements of an ESP gun without going through the SSP to ESP rule, then yes, you can change the gun to SAO.

Does that help,

kr

What about guns like the CZ P07 duty that come out of the box as a decocker for Da/Sa and another safety that can be swapped in/out to make the same gun SA for cocked and locked. This isn't selective DA/SA AND SAO in the same configuration, this is a parts swap that comes out of the box from the factory with every P07 Duty.

Mine came DA/SA with a decocker, but had the SA saftey in a little plastic baggy.

With the Decocker installed, it fits SSP to a "T", with the Safety installed, she fits ESP just fine.

This isn't a modification of parts, it is using what came out of the box/off the shelf with a gun that is about $480.00.

3.8 inch barrel, small grip,,,,trust me there is ZERO advantage in shooting it in ESP against real ESP gun, particularly my .40 cal model.

Heck, as far as I know, they could ship the thing in SA mode, with the decocker in the baggie,,,,