Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G21 in production

pangris

Just curious how many people shoot the G21 in production. I have a 17 setup for production but I find the gun a little small for may hand... I never get slide bite with a 21 but I occasionally do with the 17. Thats the main reason I'd switch...

Just wondering if anybody shoots the 21 at an A, M or GM level... seems the 34 and 17 dominate.

However, a G21 with 185 gr bullets moving at 750 would make minor and be a super soft shooter...

I have no idea about my grade, because I've never been classified anywhere, however I've been shooting a Glock 21 for over 10 years, originally in IPSC Standard Divison, but I converted to IPSC Production Division in Y2K.

I love my G21 because the large frame suits my large hands. I use 230 grain Winchester "white box" or 200 grain PMC, which factors me at Major, eventhough I don't need it in Production, but I'm used to the recoil and the gun seems to like the ammo.

Also my gun is 100% factory stock - 5lb connector, plastic sights, 13 round magazines - and I generally don't feel disadvantaged against higher capacity guns, because most of the places I shoot have excellent course designs.

Paul,

You're on the right track. If it feels right, it is right. It really is that simple. If you're shooting production, the #1 & #2 criteria are: 1) proper trigger reach and 2) being able to hit the mag button quickly and firmly. If you've got both of those, you're good to go. I wouldn't worry about too much else.