Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Insufficient hits or misses

Poppa Bear

9.7.6.2 If insufficient hits or misses have been recorded on the score sheet, the hits and misses which have been recorded will be deemed complete and conclusive.

I have not run into this yet because we tend to catch it during scoring and order the reshoot. Because I do the scoring, if I do run into a sheet that is not caught how do I handle the entry into EZWin? Treat the missing shots as No Penalty Mikes so that the program sees the correct number of shots? Giving them undocumented hits will increase their score while declaring the missing shots as Misses will likely give them unearned penalties.

Correct. Entering the missing shots into the NPM will not give the benefit of a hit, but neither does it directly penalize them with a penalty value that a mike would.

Ultimately, it does reduce their hit factor, but that's the price that's paid for the competitor not checking their scores :)

NPM is the only way to accurately record what is on the score sheet -- assuming that a reshoot is not possible....

I've seen sheets where no entry was on the line for steel for some competitors -- with 8 poppers on the stage. Ouch.....

I see quite a few where they forgot to add in the steel to the alpha total. I have also been first squad on stages to find out that the WSB round count does not match the stage count because they forgot a paper.