Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zerk fitting

Are the Zerk fittings on the Dillon 650 a standard size for all Zerk fittings? I plan on going to Advance Auto Parts and getting a grease gun for a few bucks, but want to make sure I don't need any special size nipple.
Im in the process of breaking down my 650, cleaning her up and lubing her back up as well.
Also, what kind of grease do you use for these fittings? I have some "Red N Tacky #2" grease made by Lucas. I have used this grease every where else on the press that requires grease and have had no issues with it.

what is this small pin hole on the lower pivot part of the frame? Do you squeeze the grease into the zerk fitting until the grease comes out of the pin hole? I would guess this would tell you that there is enough grease in there? I can not find a pin hole on the upper pivot arm.

449A168F-7543-4436-913F-7E4A9AC3F527-225

Edited by Franco79

• 6 months later...

I have that updated crank pin on my 550 also. One that I do to make sure everything gets lubed is to loosen the locknuts before I hit it with the grease gun. The grease will travel across the pin better. My2cents

What updated crank pin on a 550?

Yes they are a standard fitting. Yes grease will come out the pin hole, I pump it till it get clean grease out of the pin hole. any grease is better then no grease.

I took the link off, cleaned it real good, filled the hole with JB Weld. Now the grease has to come out the far end and lubricate the entire link and not just 1/2 of it.

If you buy a new Crank PIN from Dillon they will send you a pin from the 650 with the tap for the Zerk, but no Zerk.

Sorry to sound stupid, I am at work and was looking at the schematic online and can't find the "crank pin". Do you know an item #?

If you buy a new Crank PIN from Dillon they will send you a pin from the 650 with the tap for the Zerk, but no Zerk.

Sorry to sound stupid, I am at work and was looking at the schematic online and can't find the "crank pin". Do you know an item #?

Item 20 on Page 50 of the 650 Manual.