Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HI5-O

I ran into a problem with one of our department guns.

After field stripping and when putting the slide assembly onto the frame, the slide will go on but stops with about 3/16" before the rear of the slide matches up with the rear of the frame.

When the slide is going on, I can see the take down lever getting depressed then the slide just stops hard and cannot pull the slide back any further. The take down lever never engages the lower barrel lug.

I've changed the recoil spring assembly, then it would work and then the same thing happens. Rotated the assembly and sometimes that helped. Made sure the recoil rod was in the circular cut each time.

I've changed the take down lever and it would work then it locks up again.

I've also changed the connector since the trigger pull felt gritty and that only made the trigger pull smoother but the slide still locked up.

I've changed the trigger with trigger bar and that worked, so far. I've asked the guy if he has field stripped it and if the slide locked up again. He said he didn't field strip it since I changed the trigger bar.

Anyone else run into something like this on the Gen 4 gun?

Do you have the take down lever facing the right direction? The grove is suposed to be facing the rear. That sounds like the issue.

The takedown lever is facing the correct direction (groove facing rear).

Make sure the cover plate at the rear of the slide is FULLY seated. If it's out of position even a little, it can hang up on the top of the frame and cause this.

To be certain, remove it and see if it goes fully into battery.

The cover plate is fully seated.

The slide goes onto all the rails and stops short of engaging the slide lock. Once it stops, the slide cannot move to the rear, it'll come off the front. Doesn't do it all the time and that's driving me nuts.

When the slide does go on, the gun functions and fires normally.

I found sometimes you have to push the trigger forward and it slides right on. Not sure why.

I had this with a agency gun the other day. I pulled the trigger out and it slid on. I can't tell you why this worked but it did.

I found sometimes you have to push the trigger forward and it slides right on. Not sure why.

I had this with a agency gun the other day. I pulled the trigger out and it slid on. I can't tell you why this worked but it did.

I'll have to try this push and pull the trigger.

I believe we are saying the same thing. With the slide off the frame, the trigger is to the rear. Push or pull the trigger forward in the frame, and then try sliding the slide on.

Edited by JTew