Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CMore mount / slide profile & mounting

mike g35

I'm going to order a new CMore mount today for my Matchmaster open gun. I want a 90 degree mount but I've read on here some mounts sit too low for use with a round top slide. Anyone know one that'll work? Do I need to order longer screws if I'm using a RHT thumbrest?

Also I understand I'm going to have to heat the screws to get them loose. Some guys say they heat them with a soldering iron. Would a wood-burning tool suffice for this application?

Thanks for the help.

Cameron's works, Cheely probably, maybe a few others. (Location of the holes in the frame affects this). If your frame is drilled already contact one of the above and they can probably custom drill one for you. Also ask them about the RHT.

Have not needed to heat the mount screws on any mount I have installed, most use Blue locktite in this location. Red (which needs heat) on the compensator (some use hi-temp green on comp).

The cheely mount does sit a tad lower and the c-more may hit the slide, although Matt will custom drill one for you

Btw, his customer service is incredible

I use locktite red on my scope mount screws,and hit it with a lighter on the inside of the dust cover

I think it's more important to use a new Allen head bit and downward pressure to remove the screws so you don't round them off

Also I try never to reuse the screws, in the past I have and after a couple of times, I'd round them out, and it's e-z out time

Using a cheely setback on the Mrs' MM. There's some evidence the cmore occasionally rubs the slide during recoil but nothing thats ever been of concern. Had to order longer screws and cut them to fit even without a thumbrest; I guess the mount is thicker than stock where it attaches to the frame.

-424D57

Edited by 424D57