Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I want to get my first 1050 and since I cant get thru to Dillon I thought I would ask you!

The dealer that I want to get my 1050 from doesn't have a 40S&W press in stock but does have a 10mm, if I swap out the 10mm dies for the 40S&W dies will this work or do I have to get the 40S&W caliber conversion kit?

I looked at the part #s and they show different ones between the 10mm and the 40S&W caliber conversion kits, but the only difference that I know of is the 10mm case is longer.

I did search on here but didn't find my answer.

Thanks for all your help!

Greg

search for the dillon caliber conversion chart. There are some really good automated charts that break down exactly what you need. Unfortunately they are all blocked from me from work so I cant post a link for you.

From recolection you need the Green case feed guide for 40 vs the red that is for the longer 10mm

FWIW graf's had less than 5 40cal 1050s last Friday.

IceDevil Good catch on the primer I have never loaded 10mm didn't look at primer specs you saved me there :bow:

I will have to go another route as Graffs doesn't show the 1050 primer parts and Dillon is so far behind! Will get the 38spl or 357mag 1050

and also the conversion kits I need!

Thanks again Greg

Unless something has changed you could order from our host on this forum. I have ordered some stuff thur Brian and have been well pleased with the service and his advice, may even save some bucks.----------Larry

When Dillon finally shipped my 1050 ordered with Brian DILLON forgot to ship little things with the press like the primer system the manual etc. Not able get thru to Dillon my email to Brian and Dillon shipped missing parts overnight, he has been on top of everything..

Thanks BE