Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mud (the movie)

Me and Candis really liked it.

The 2, 14 year old kids - were me and my young runnie buddy, Bob Cheek. The story is great, every character is really well done, and Sam Shepard is awesome. And whether or not you like Matthew McConaughey - he was awesome as well.

It's the writer/director - Jeff Nichols - third movie. (I put his first two, Shotgun Stories and Take Shelter, in my Netflix que.)

And for any Lucero fans, Jeff is Ben Nichols's brother. Mud had at least one Lucero track in it. And I saw somewhere that Shotgun Stories has lots of Lucero songs in it.

be

Me and Candis watched Shotgun Stories the other night. We both really liked it. The cinematography is awesome, and each scene just carries the movie. You have to like that kind of movie though... Kind of a Wes Anderson style.

Take Shelter is on the line up for tonight.

Apparently Jeff Nichols is a huge Michael Shannon fan - he's in all 3 of his movies, with starring roles in Take Shelter and Shotgun Stories.

Man, Take Shelter was awesome, but dark and brutally disturbing, from the start to the very end. I didn't see that coming at all. It's definitely not in the light watching category.

Michael Shannon is now my new favorite actor. He is amazing in everything I've seen him in. And in Take Shelter, his performance was over-the-top unbelievable.

Watch at your own risk.

be