Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

selling guns

ErikW

Erik, I can feel your pain.

Here in Italy we're allowed to own no more than 3 "common" firearms, 6 "sporting" firearms, and no limit to "hunting" firearms, according to the classification given to every gun model (and variation too) by the National Catalogue.

Every time I wished to buy a new (or different gun) I had to sell another, because I had no room in my ownership license.

I could have applied for a collecting license, but (as silly as it may sound), collectible firearms cannot be fired, nor you can have ammunitions for them.

I can relate on the sentimental part of your rant... :(

I sold a Glock-34 and a Sig P-239 to 'finance' the purchase of my 1911. The Glock was no problem, but letting go of the little 9mm Sig was a big of a tug. It was not only my first big-bore handgun it was a really great carry pistol and a quality item. But the lure of the 1911 (the Dark Side) was, like, SOOOO great.... :ph34r: Yet I still wish I'd been able to keep the little P-239. Truly that was a bit of a sacrifice. My consolation was, however, that it was sold thru a dealer I liked, and the purchaser was female. Could've been worse. <_<

(And I got a good deal on the 1911!!) ;)

I hate selling my firearms, mainly because chances are I will buy another one just like it. Case in point, bought and sold 5 AR's, 4 M1-A's. :( I know it sounds crazy and it probably is, It is a left over from Gunsmithing school, buy, sell, trade was the norm.

Ivan

Erik, I can feel your pain.

Here in Italy we're allowed to own no more than 3 "common" firearms, 6 "sporting" firearms, and no limit to "hunting" firearms, according to the classification given to every gun model (and variation too) by the National Catalogue.

I wish I was allowed to own even one.

:(

I've never sold a gun ... but I did have to surrender one to the "authorities" when they decided no one was allowed to own that class of firearm any more. And it was the first gun I ever won a significant match with, so the pain was even greater.

There are worse things than selling guns :(

Kevin

UK and, to add, insult to injury, it was a gun that had never fired a live round.

I used to compete in fast draw back in "high school" and was pretty good at it :P.

We used heavily modified SA revolvers, shooting blank and wax bullets. In the UK, FireArms Certificates used to be issued at the complete discretion of the local Chief Constable. The person in that position in my area decided one day that there was no "legitimate sporting reason" for any one to be issued a certificate to own that class of gun for that purpose, but neglected to announce the decision until the certificate came up for renewal ... :angry:

Trying to sell a very specialized tool in a couple of days, when the buyer would have to already have an "opening" for such a weapon on their FAC wasn't possible. Finding a dealer that would take and hold a virtually unsellable gun at such short notice wasn't possible either. Hence the gun had to be surrendered to the Police on the day the certificate expired.

*Sigh*

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...