Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA classifier and foot placement at start??

midvalleyshooter

Keith - I've run several classifiers and shot several more, and the only required foot position I can think of is that they need to be within the bottom part of the Bianchi barricade on stage 3.

Since the start position for those strings is hands naturally at sides, facing uprange, it follows that the shooter's feet would be where s/he naturally places them.

This has never been an issue that I've experienced or heard of. Is there a "rest of the story" lurking somewhere?

Keith - I've run several classifiers and shot several more, and the only required foot position I can think of is that they need to be within the bottom part of the Bianchi barricade on stage 3.

Since the start position for those strings is hands naturally at sides, facing uprange, it follows that the shooter's feet would be where s/he naturally places them.

This has never been an issue that I've experienced or heard of. Is there a "rest of the story" lurking somewhere?

Nope:) I am just preparing to shoot the classifier. While practicing the various weapons presentations, specificly on the turn and draw, I noticed small variations in foot placement affect the turn. Maybe I'm over analyizing:)

Thanks,

Keith

Your strong side foot should be at a 7.7% angle off the axis of the azmith of your body when standing naturally. You have 154 cm leeway. You week side foot should be at the same angle with a slight right cant (assuming you are right handed), plus or minus 2 degrees when viewed from 25 yards (plus or minus 1.5 feet).

Everybody knows that!!!!

(Sorry Keith - just could not resist )

Ed V in Sacramento

Keith. you can put your feet anywhere you want as long as both soles are fully touching the ground and toes are pointing up range nobody will give you a problem,

i agree strategic foot placement can effect your turn a lot, just remember also your placement in relation to the targets will effect this turn.

As pointed out by several others the “hands at sides” starting position implies that you stand naturally, so twisting your feet around to try to jump start your turn will probably be frowned upon.

It is your HEAD that dictates how well and fast you can turn and engage targets. There is an obvious mental component but I am really talking about turning the head and acquiring the target as soon as possible. Seems like it has been discussed as some length on this board.

geezer

Look at this:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...l=turn,and,draw

Thanks guys,

I was refering to small changes in foot placement, not radical twisted positions:) I have settled on keeping my feet fairly close together and taking a short step back with the right foot during the turn.

Ed, nice to hear from you:) Hope to see you at a match soon.

Keith