Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What divisions could I shoot?

I am an IDPA (6 matches) and a 3 Gun (3 matches) shooter. I'd like to try USPSA and SCSA shooting. I own a G17, G34 and a Para Pro Custon 14.45. The Glocks both have had the finger grooves removed and the grips textured, iron sights on the G34, Fast Fire III on the G17, the Para is stock. I shoot ESP in IDPA and Tac Ops(34) and Open division(17) in 3 Gun. What divisions could I shoot and with which weapons in USPSA & SCSA? I have tried the search function and could not find an answer. I'm pretty clear on the Glock's (Limited for the 34 & open for the 17?) but don't know what the Para is considered? At this time I do not reload but will be up and running by the end of the summer. I'm 53 no kids, divorced with a good job so spending some $ to get to the right division is not a big issue (please don't tell me to buy an STI, I can afford one but I'd only embarass myself worse missing with it...LOL) Thank you for any help you can provide.

With the mods you have done to the Glocks, Limited and Limited 10 and open are your only options. With the Para, you might be legal in Production (along with Limited, L10, and open), but don't take my word for it...I don't know about the divisions in SC. Here is a link to the Production division gun list.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Limited, minor PF with the 34, and Limited or L-10 with the Para. I'm not sure how many rounds you can get in a 14.45 in a 140mm mag, but I would imagine it is at least 16, so you should be pretty well off in Limited.

With the mods you have done to the Glocks, Limited and Limited 10 and open are your only options. With the Para, you might be legal in Production (along with Limited, L10, and open), but don't take my word for it...I don't know about the divisions in SC. Here is a link to the Production division gun list.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

Unless it is an LDA it won't be legal.

I checked the list. My Para is a relatively new model, it has a factory mag well so Production is out. I think you guys nailed it on the Glocks just wanted to be sure I interpreted the rules correctly.

Forgive my ignorance but once I start reloading I could shoot my G17 in open either Minor or Major PF depending on my load? Thank you again for the help.

Thank you, that's a very important point. I'm glad you brought that up. I left a bit of information out of the original post. I have a KKM G17 barrel and Carver 3 port comp on back order so I should be GTG.

Edited by bigblock455