Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next year? DSG Arms has holsters, but not TLR-2 (G34 + TLR-1, yes, but not TLR-2). Rogue Holsters makes custom holsters. Both companies sponsor this match.

Not sure about the Benelli. If you have a Nordic MXT magazine extension tube, you can get a barrel clamp with a rail option, and you can clamp a light on the rail.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, A little off topic but I am gearing up for next year.. Going to shoot a 34 with a TLR 2, What holster???? And a bennilli m1 What lite. ???? Thx Larry Any pics would help....

Make sure you check out the new TLR-2 HL or the TLR-2 G. The green laser is way brighter in case your using it for defensive purposes you can actually see the green in the daylight. The HL series are much high lumens which is awesome! I run a BladeTech WRS holster with Tac light.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/level-duty-holster-wtaclight-c-1_4_8.html#.UlqU9Jm9Kc0

On the shotgun I run dual TRL-1 HL lights on Nordic clamps with pic rails. I run dual lights because the long mag tube blocks a bunch of light on the opposite side. The shotgun also produces a bunch of smoke. If you shoot more than 4-5 shots from in position you can lose sight of the target you just shot and not know you just wiggled it and didn't knock it completely over. Extra light helps cut through the smoke.

I ran a Surefire X400 ultra with red laser on my m1. Needed the laser for clay shots on ground and it helped me track the airial birds in the smoke. Like Jesse says run two lights on shotgun if running a long tube. You may not think you need it in your basement trying your gear but you will on match night.

That TRL HP I think its called is awsome. You need a lot of light on rifle for shots past 40 metres. I had an old X200 and it wasnt enough.

I strapped a Fenix PD22 on my Millenium open gun cmore with tyewraps. It worked.

Hello, A little off topic but I am gearing up for next year.. Going to shoot a 34 with a TLR 2, What holster???? And a bennilli m1 What lite. ???? Thx Larry Any pics would help....

Make sure you check out the new TLR-2 HL or the TLR-2 G. The green laser is way brighter in case your using it for defensive purposes you can actually see the green in the daylight. The HL series are much high lumens which is awesome! I run a BladeTech WRS holster with Tac light.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/level-duty-holster-wtaclight-c-1_4_8.html#.UlqU9Jm9Kc0

On the shotgun I run dual TRL-1 HL lights on Nordic clamps with pic rails. I run dual lights because the long mag tube blocks a bunch of light on the opposite side. The shotgun also produces a bunch of smoke. If you shoot more than 4-5 shots from in position you can lose sight of the target you just shot and not know you just wiggled it and didn't knock it completely over. Extra light helps cut through the smoke.

Wow ok..... How do u turn on both the tlr-1 on yer shotgun at the same time or do you start the stage with lites on ??? The bladetech Eclipse looks good or do I need the extra retention with the WRS. Have looked at the Surefire M600 scout for rifle and shotgun ?????. Thx Larry Also I thought that open guns were not aloud in this match ??

Edited by Larry LeBeau

Wow ok..... How do u turn on both the tlr-1 on yer shotgun at the same time or do you start the stage with lites on ??? The bladetech Eclipse looks good or do I need the extra retention with the WRS. Have looked at the Surefire M600 scout for rifle and shotgun ?????. Thx Larry Also I thought that open guns were not aloud in this match ??

Comps on pistols aren't allowed but red dots are which is weird. A red dot is the real advantage on an open gun.

The eclipse is a carry holder with sweat guard. If you don't want the level 2 WRS the standard OWB holster works too you just have to play with revision screws

http://shop.blade-tech.com/holster-wtaclight-c-1_23_25.html#.UlrVUJm9Kc0

I turn on the TLR's with my support hand as I'm picking up the gun. One switch flips in one flips out. One switch with thumb one with index finger.

Never looked at Surefire lights cause they are way more expensive for the same stuff from Streamlight.

Wow ok..... How do u turn on both the tlr-1 on yer shotgun at the same time or do you start the stage with lites on ???

It was announced we start stages at this match with weapon lights off. A headlamp may be turned on (to make LAMR safer), but weapon lights off.

I wonder how many Open shooters will take the comp off and modify a holster for dot+light ?

I wonder if there is going to be a confined-space stage where a super-high-output light will reflect back and hurt you more than it will help on a distance stage? What if those are the same stage? :surprise:

Wow ok..... How do u turn on both the tlr-1 on yer shotgun at the same time or do you start the stage with lites on ???

It was announced we start stages at this match with weapon lights off. A headlamp may be turned on (to make LAMR safer), but weapon lights off.

I wonder how many Open shooters will take the comp off and modify a holster for dot+light ?

I wonder if there is going to be a confined-space stage where a super-high-output light will reflect back and hurt you more than it will help on a distance stage? What if those are the same stage? :surprise:

These bays are only 25-30 yards deep. So there won't be too much distance.

Rogue Holsters (rogueholsters.com) one of our sponsors

or

DSG Alpha holster (DSGarms.com)

Light for your Benelli?

TLR2 G (bright LED & green laser)

Veridian C5L (bright LED & Green Laser)

AP customs and Nordic components both make barrel / tube clamps that have rail sections on them.

Hope that helps.

Rogue Holsters (rogueholsters.com) one of our sponsors

or

DSG Alpha holster (DSGarms.com)

Light for your Benelli?

TLR2 G (bright LED & green laser)

Veridian C5L (bright LED & Green Laser)

AP customs and Nordic components both make barrel / tube clamps that have rail sections on them.

Hope that helps.

I'm mounting the C5L on my Mossberg 930 JM with one of these "

Streamlight 69903 TL Tactical Flashlight Mag Tube Rail

Note: I tried ordering from Planet Optics, but they are having some weird shipping issues and couldn't get the product out of the warehouse in 10 days.

Cya'll at Zombie time!

Hey, anyone interested in getting some goodies before the match!? Here's a list of what I'm willing part with!

(2) LTG-701 - $140/EA – light for 1911 style pistols

(1) LG-919 - $350 – 1911 master series laser grips, black

(1) MVF-515 GREEN - $480 – vertical fore arm grip for AR/rail mount, green laser light combo

(2) CMR-202 - $100/EA – low profile rail mount LED light with ambi-switch

(1) CMR-203 GREEN - $200 – low profile rail mount green laser with ambi-switch

Let me know if you are interested. 918 695 7343

Turning the light on maybe an issue

You just mount it close to the end of the forearm and hit it as you pull the gun out of the staging area.

Exactly, Jesse. I mounted it right in front of the forearm, which also gives you a good point of reference whenever you take the mag tube extension off.

No Slings needed.

No Driving Required. Bays are literally separated by 30-50 ft. All in a row (1,2,3 etc). You will only have to walk about 150-200 yards TOTAL from 1-7.

Wagons and gun buggies are allowed.

Covered areas with tables available between bays too.

See you all in a few days!

From Lone Star Protective Solutions, the Chase family and our great group of R/O's and friends, thank you for joining us this year! We truly hope each of you enjoyed your match, the BBQ and your prize table. We are already looking forward to the 2014 Walking Dead Multi-Gun. BIGGER AND EVEN BETTER!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO THANK YOUR SPONSORS!

Drop them an email or a call. Tell them what you won and thank them! They are the ones who made your match possible. Please take a minute to do so. You can find the links on our match site (and here on our F.B. match page) Because you joined us this year you will be on our preferred shooter list for next year. You will have an opportunity to register BEFORE the general public.

Here is the link to the final standings. As you will notice the scores for stages three and four were deleted.

STAY SAFE!

From Lone Star Protective Solutions, the Chase family and our great group of R/O's and friends, thank you for joining us this year! We truly hope each of you enjoyed your match, the BBQ and your prize table. We are already looking forward to the 2014 Walking Dead Multi-Gun. BIGGER AND EVEN BETTER!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO THANK YOUR SPONSORS!

Drop them an email or a call. Tell them what you won and thank them! They are the ones who made your match possible. Please take a minute to do so. You can find the links on our match site (and here on our F.B. match page) Because you joined us this year you will be on our preferred shooter list for next year. You will have an opportunity to register BEFORE the general public.

Here is the link to the final standings. As you will notice the scores for stages three and four were deleted.

STAY SAFE!

Had fun. Damn my rifle and damn the weather but other wise had fun.

The mirrored stages worked great. Really liked the early finish time.

Do wish the ATV ride was a little longer, just getting warmed up and it was over.