Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attaching molle gear to ELS

I run Safariland ELS connectors on Tek-loks to rapidly shift my gear for different stages. I'm interested in mounting some TACO magazine holders. They are molle on the back. Does anyone know what I need to get/do to attach an ELS fork to molle webbing? Thanks for any help provided.

Well that is a solution that will work. Since I've already got ELS/Tek-lok's on my Double Alpha belt I'd like the flexibility they provide. I like not moving my Tek-Loks once set and just clipping on what I want. I shoot both tac ops and open so I swap between 4x4 shell holders and the TACO mag holders for my 1919. Thank you for your suggestion as it is a solution I was hoping someone knew what I needed to make the ELS work? I think I'm going to check the vendors area and see if Safariland has a thread.

Safariland's current offerings are for attaching ELS attachment points to MOLLE vests and the like. I didn't see anything, but they may be working on it.

you might consider getting a blank MOLLE panel and screwing it onto an ELS fork, then using the MOLLE webbing to attach the TACOs to the MOLLE panel. There are companies that make small-ish MOLLE panels.

Thank you, I have seen some of those panels with forks attached from Safariland directly. They run about $35 with fork attached. I was just wondering if a cheaper alternative existed? I tried googling the molle panel and did not find quite what I was looking for. Thanks.

I guess I'm confused. Do you want to attach your HSGI Taco pouches with MOLLE tabs on them to your competition belt or do you want to attach competition items to PALS webbing?

The Safariland stuff, as far as I can tell, is for mounting ELS-equipped items to PALS webbing (that's the receiving side of the MOLLE tabs--I'm trying to get more precise to understand what you're trying to do).

What I'm suggesting is attaching the ELS fork to a PALS panel, then attaching the HSGI Taco pouch to the PALS panel.

Something like this (but not necessarily with the velcro on the back): http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Hook-and-loop-PALS-Webbing-Panel-Insert-p1219.htm

Yes I'd like to hook TACO mag pouch to ELS fork to be inserted in an ELS receiver mounted via tek-lok to a Double Alpha belt. I guess in your solution I just put some holes in the panel and mount the ELS fork to it?

If you search Safariland part number 6094-24-2 you will see what I mean. I use the ELS 34/35 system this is the MLS 16/17. I was looking for something more like just the plate since I have forks? I also don't know if MLS 16 forks fit in ELS 35 receivers?

I am looking for something similar, but I use Blade-Tech modular mounts on my belt. I am thinking that I may be able to mount two small MOLLE-lok strips to the outer modular mount (equivalent of your ELS fork), then use the MOLLE-lok through the strips on the back of the TACO.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have done this, what you need are both

MLS accessory forks MOLLE1.jpg

and ELS forks ELS34_s.jpg

Bolt them together back to back, thread your tacos onto the Molle Fork, and presto, ELS molle pouches.

Edited by barrysuperhawk

barrysuperhawk,

Great reply. I will give this a try. Safariland customer service had no solution to the issue but this looks like it. Just in time as my MKA 1919 taco mag pouches ended up hanging upside down on the last stage Sunday. Thanks.