Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking at getting into IPSC

hans3005

Hans,

Since you didn't indicate your location, I have to ask if you mean IPSC or USPSA? There are different production holster rules for each!

Welcome to the forum,

Chuck

Edited by ChuckS

You will need a USPSA type holster. Go to the USPSA website and read the Production Appendix regarding holster position and requirements. IPSC allows the use of race type holsters in Production USPSA requires a carry type holster. Blade Tech and Safariland also have a proper holster for your Sig.

Welcome! If you live in the U.S. than it's USPSA not IPSC. USPSA is the U.S. governing body for IPSC. If your Sig is a DA/SA, it may not be the best choice for USPSA. I have had some issues with regard to the first long heavy trigger pull and subsequent light trigger pull. Also look at the different divisions for USPSA. e.g. In production division 9mm is best but you can only have 10 rounds loaded in the magazine. I like Comp-Tech holsters. I have three of them. One for production division and two for CCW carry. Great customer service. Blade tech is another good choice.